Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Have a Crush

I heard this sweet little tune on Indie 103.1 (LA's only spot for substantial listening these days) and it completely captured my heart, but devastatingly the artist wasn't mentioned, and I feared it would be lost forever. Since I spend more time listening to the radio driving around in traffic than I do sleeping, eating or showering combined, I was lucky enough to run across it again. Under the name Coconut Records, Jason Schwartzman put together a handful of tracks that belong on a Wes Anderson soundtrack (appropriately so). The album dropped in October but the single, West Coast, is only now getting radio play.

I was thinking of posting just the song, but this video on its own is view worthy and is a perfect match. I'm off to watch Rushmore.

Coconut Records- West Coast

No comments: