Saturday, April 5, 2008

Smear Campaign

One thing that I find is necessary, at least for me, is a creative outlet from these sometimes hectic days. Acting has definitely lent itself as a mode of expression, but when I need something a bit more therapeutic I turn to art. A couple of my classes, set design and scenic theater painting, have allowed me to produce designs on miniature and over-sized scales; one requiring intricate model building and one requiring whole theatre sets to be covered in paint. Baking and clothing have also worked themselves into the equation. One mad evening I baked half a dozen cakes including a Warhol-inspired banana cake, and shorts and shoes have become victim to scissors and paint. I'm currently working on a piece featuring the face of a poppy that will hopefully add to the warm tones of my small palace.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: