Saturday, August 18, 2007

What Cha Got?


This weekend I worked a fashion show for the opening of a new mall in Tustin. My wonderful Carolyn and I were finally reunited. I love Carolyn beacause we are on the same frequency, her personality matches mine, which cuts out the all confusion of trying to figure out what someone else is trying to say when they say it. It also cuts out all the fun of trying to figuring out what someone else is trying to say. But second guessing is overrated. Its been a year since we first met at a test shoot which took us all around San Diego, and since our wild weekend in Laguna with Kayslee. I was actually surprised that Kays wasn't working the fashion show with us. There's a reason her name rhymes with crazy..tall, blonde and pretty much a life-size Barbie doll, at 16 she's the biggest self-promoter I know and is convinced she's gonna be a superstar. And she will be. Nothing can hold Kayslee down. Even though her personality is out of control, Kayslee would have been perfect for the job this weekend. A group of twelve of us had to work the masses pouring through the newly opened corridors and hype the fashion show later in the day and hand out hawaiian leis. There were plenty of dirty men who made 'lei' comments as they brushed pass. Our smiles turned to grimaces as we stayed professional as possible. Feeling a bit like we had solicited ourselves as hookers for the past two days, Carolyn and I spent the night together in LA, hoping to go to a party at a producer's hosue. Not surprisingly our night didn't end up like the Hollywood party scene we had hoped it would, and instead we got to know my new neighbor, Fedrico. My opinion on Fedrico is still forming; I can't decide if he's smart and just sounds not-as-smart because of his Italian accent and the way he phrases and rearranges sentances, or if he is smart and the aroma of pot that hit me as we walked in his apartment had something to do with it. Either way he should be fun person to have living just down the hall from me for the next year.
Sunday morning Carolyn and I visited Casey at her new apartment in Westwood and met her new pet albino geckos, Lucifer and Jesus. We picked up Kady and went to a yardsale hosted by Corey Kennedy and the Cobrasnake. Mickey Avalon shirts and push pops for all! I did an interview for Nylon tv and met marvin scott jarret, the magazine's chief editor. The car ride back to Tustin was populated by three zexy cross country runners.
The afternoon was a bit more rough. We were all exhausted and melting in the heat. The end of our day didn't come soon enough, but seeing our agent, Corrina, sing opera back at the dressing rooms lightened us up.

No comments: