Friday, August 10, 2007

Will Work for MakeUp


I love my job. On Wednesday I was given the chance to work with some up-and-coming makeup artists in a master class hosted by Stila. A penthouse suite at the Mondrian Hotel was taken over by 'inspiration boards', fem-pop music and a photographer who rushed the makeup artists along by shouting "ONLY FIVE MINUTES LEFT!". I felt a bit like I was on one of those challenge reality shows. I was made up in three different looks by different makeup artists; a glam 'red carpet' look, a dramatic dark smokey eye look and a light daytime look. After each look was completed the photographer snapped a handful of beauty shots, which I kinda got to style myself..adding my own sweater, hoodie and headband for different looks. But after we took the photos I had to wash off my makeup so another artist could get to work. I felt so bad, after all that time and energy put into making the makup look great, I had to get rid of it! But at least both the makeup artist and I got some really beautiful pictures out of the day, and out of all the other models, I was the only one who worked three looks, I totally rocked it. AND the best part was I got a bag full of free Stila cosmetics!!

No comments: