Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Little More Somewhere Else

Hot. The word that pretty much defined the day. It was fucking hot today. <---haha Yeah Thursday was hot. The weather at school has been so perfect, sunny but with a little breeze to keep us cool, so that day came as a surprise. I'm finally done with my first week of classes and its been much better than I had expected. Most of my classes are acting or theater workshops, lucky me! I was talking to a few other girls and we were surprised that everyone hadn't come together as friends as friends. Going into college we were all told not to worry about making friends because everyone else is feeling the same way and wants to be you friend too. The girls especially have been more reserved in their friend choosing, every freshman is connected at the hip with their roommate and feels no need to look any further for companionship. But it is still just the first week, so lots will change I'm sure.
Thursday afternoon I had a casting for the abc family show GREEK at the CBS studios which unfortunately meant a trip over to the Valley. It worked out perfectly with my schedule and I was able to make it in between classes. Stepping out of my air conditioned car felt like a wool blanket was thrown over me and the short two block walk had me breaking a sweat. Despite my glisten, the casting director had me return for a callback later in the day. The second time around was a bit different. The other actors and I waited over an hour and a half in a stuffy portable on the lot to see casting. One guy was really stressed and so nervous his hands were shaking pretty bad. Poor guy.
Despite much planning and excitement, my plans for a weekend trip to Havasu fell through, leaving me to stubbornly sit outside and curse the airplanes that fly overhead routinely every three minutes. Alaska Air, fuck you. Southwest, fuck you. Jal, fuck you. Since this was throughly productive I decided to stop before I hurt my brain.
Federico has become my new bestfriend, almost roommate status. I joined my buddy and his buddies at the beach. I'm still trying to find my niche among all the older guys and sorority girls. But so far I'm the coolest 'first year' I know.
My mood was lightened over sushi when we used our college IDs to pay for our sake and Asahis. Maybe I was just buzzed. After dinner we went to Traverse's house. That name totally sounds like a black guy. He's not. We played beer pong and danced in the living room to a DVD called Thizzle's House 3 and talked about chineses investing on the balcony looking over the hazy night LA skyline. Tom Petty played as we mixed drinks.



Oh yeah. Alright.
Take it easy baby
Make it last all night
She was- An American Girl

No comments: