Sunday, September 2, 2007

Desert Rose

Last night I went with Federico and some of his buddies to an Alice in Wonderland themed house party. I dressed up as the 'fashionable' white rabbit; brown vest, shorts, heels and silver kneesocks to match my sliver eye makeup. Oh and pigtails, which slutted it up in a naughty-little-girl way. The house was decorated with giant playing cards on the walls, huge mushrooms in the backyard and the back garage was turned into a techno dancefloor equip with strobe lights and fog machine. Feddy wore a velvet blazer and actually looked pretty pimp, but blacked out and probably doesn't remember the night. He texted me this morning asking if I had given him a ride home. I had not. Unfortunately I had to leave the party early before the dance party got really going, although the SigEp guy who was rolling was having quite a good time by himself in the techno room. This morning I had a 4:45am call to meet in Santa Monica, from where me and another model, Brian, were driven to the middle of the desert for a shoot. In between sleepy eyelids I watched the sun rise over the mountains and illuminate the dusty valley we drove toward. It was still cool in the morning when we began shooting at the site of an abandoned farm house that looked like it was from the depression era. We shot around a 1970's blue and white van that the photographer had rented and rode around on a dirt bike that handeled quite poorly in the sand. As the day grew hotter we moved locations to a a rocky hillside that overlooked the desert valley dotted by joshua trees. Just as the temperature reached 108 degrees we finished the shoot. It was only ten in the morning.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: