Monday, September 24, 2007

Knee Deep

Friday night poured rain. So of course we were party hopping. All the houses around the school look as if little old ladies should be living there, and every other house there are. But in between the old people live all the college kids who throw the most raging parties. Behind the white pickett fences and rose bushes is a backyard flittered with red cups and filled with people in themed outfits. I drove Chelsea, Eva and Alinna to another 21st birthday house party. The backyard garage, like all the other college houses, was transformed into a lounge/ dancefloor with a makeshift bar next to a three foot ice luge. The party was extremely packed, almost to the point of suffocation. No one wanted to get wet in the drizzle. But when the rain began to pound down, we had no choice but to run and dance in the rain all the way to our car.

Yesterday I decided to go cold turkey on boys for one week. I knew I had the will power, I just had to do it. I wouldn't call them. I wouldn't send flirty text messages. No more chasing boys. I just like having someone to talk to, and lately most of those people have been guys, who happend to be interested. No more...just Steph. It makes my head spin, so all I wanted was a break, just for a week.
I make my resolution, and what happens? I'm inundated with texts, phone calls and chance meetings in the halls. What's a girl to do?

No comments: