Monday, February 11, 2008

Sensory Everything

The other day I find my hot water and gas not working. 'What the fuck?' is my thought in the moment, but for the next half hour after I couldn't stop laughing.

Such is single living. And the choices that come with self-governing, like paying bills (which I initially thought was the problem with my utilities), feeding myself and setting my own bed time. Nothing really exciting or new, but having the freedom in my grasp has never felt so good. I've been exercising my choices and enjoying the weeks. In turn, I am still controlled by the basic laws of balance that ground every college student trying to fit everything into the short 24 hours we are given. Don't fill the tank-run out of gas, don't do your work-fail to get the grade. Its a balance that, for ever action comes a consequence good or bad. I stayed up late, went to a killer party, made cool new friends and blew off my homework and am way too tired for my 8am. So whats the good and whats the bad? I've been working on finding my groove, and if that means going out some nights or staying in some nights, so be it. Its the swing of life that I'm working on and defining one as my own. Like hips to the beat, I've gotta find the rhythm before I can dance. Photobucket

No comments: